Fruit & Veg Salad And Vinaigrette Recipes
Fruit and vegetable salad and vinaigrette recipes are super simple, and can be enjoyed as a meal, snack or dessert.
Fruits are high in polyphenols, potassium, and many other micronutrients which make them the ideal complement to meats which are naturally higher in sodium, amino acids, and several B vitamins.
Contrary to popular opinion, fructose is essential for proper blood sugar metabolism, and provides many health benefits as discussed in Meats & Sweets ~ A High Vitality Diet.
Fruits are also generally sweet and/or sour in flavor, with some being slightly bitter. They add a little juicy sweetness to life.
Fruit Salad And Vinaigrette Recipes & Combinations for Inspiration
- Blackberries with Cara Cara or navel orange segments & a drizzle of local honey.
- Blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries tossed with chopped dates that have been soaking in water to soften + some of the soaking liquid from the dates for added sweetness.
- Thin sliced fresh herbs like basil, and/or grated and squeezed ginger juice really perks up the flavor of fruits!
- Add the juice of a lime, and 1-2 Tbsp. Amaretto or Frangelico Hazelnut flavored sweet liqueur for a special occasion fruit salad. Good with a honeydew + orange melon blend.
- Apricots, grapes, and fresh figs make a potassium and nutrient-rich blend!
- Try any of my other fruit and salad recipes, below ~ or bake or stew fruits to enjoy as an accompaniment with meat, or for dessert.
Fruit Salad with Citrus-Ginger Vinaigrette
- 2 limes, 1 lemon, or 1/2-1 orange or grapefruit
- About 1 -2 inch piece of ginger
- 1-2 tsp. honey
- Thin sliced fresh basil or mint
- Shredded coconut or 1-2 tsp. Nutiva Liquid Coconut Oil, optional
- Melons, berries, peaches, apricots, grapes ~ single or combination of fruits of choice
Wash and prepare fruit, and place in a bowl.
Squeeze citrus into a bowl. Grate ginger, then squeeze juice into the citrus. Add honey. Add coconut oil if using. Stir. Add to fruit, toss, then garnish with fresh herbs and shredded coconut if using.
Increase quantities if making a larger serving bowl of fruit.
Fruit Salad Recipes w/ Yogurt or Cottage Cheese
- Fill bowl w/ fruit, top w/ 1 cup yogurt or cottage cheese, stir in any of the following: 1+ Tbsp. shredded & unsweetened coconut, cinnamon, and/or 1-2 tsp. of honey or real maple syrup.
- Add non-sorbate dried plums to a jar or container, cover with water, and add a cinnamon stick. Let soak in the refrigerator at least over night. The liquid gets sweeter and more syrupy the longer it sits. Add 5+ to cottage cheese or yogurt, along with a little soaking liquid.
Cocoa-Raisin Cottage Cheese (per serving)
- 1/2-3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. honey
Combine ingredients in serving bowl. Stir well. Enjoy with sprouted grain bread, or boiled or poached eggs.
Savory Fruit Salad And Vinaigrette Recipes
Remember Waldorf Salads? I love them as an afternoon, between meal fruit salad. They are so refreshing. They make a great appetizer to a meal as well.
Waldorf Fruit Salad Recipe (per serving)
- 1 apple, pear, or 1/2 each
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- Juice of a lemon
- 5 soaked/rehydrated dried plums, chopped or 1-2 Tbsp. raisins
- 1/4+ tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- Shredded coconut, or a few chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
Toss ingredients in a bowl and enjoy.
For a little added sweetness, add chopped dates or honey. Soak dates first to soften if needed.
|Fruit & Vegetable Salad w/ Boiled Egg & My Favorite Easy Vinaigrette (recipe below)
|Beautiful vivid colors on a plate! Salad w/ fresh local cucumber & tomato ~ both botanical fruits! Served w/ burgers.
I love adding fruit to my dinner salads. The salad shown below is topped with Carrot Raisin Salad.
In addition to raisins, add any of the following to any of your favorite fruit and salad recipes:
- Chopped apple or pear
- Dried cranberries
- Sliced strawberries
- Mango, pineapple or papaya
- Mandarin orange segments
- Cucumber, tomato & bell pepper are all fruit too!
Salad and vinaigrette recipes are a simple and refreshing part of our Meats & Sweets (Meat & Fruit-Centered) Diet
A Few More Refreshing Salad And Vinaigrette Recipes
Easy & Refreshing Vinaigrette (per serving)
- 2-3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tsp. berry or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- Salt & pepper
Combine and add to salad, or just drizzle right on salad with baby lettuce, sliced celery, shredded carrot, and either raisins or chopped apple. Also good with white cheddar and cranberry cheese or honey goat cheese.
Sub Nutiva Liquid Coconut Oil or MCT oil for the xvoo, or use half of each
Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette (for 1 large or 2 small salads)
- 1 Tbsp. xvoo
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- Salt & Pepper
Combine ingredients in a small bowl or jar, and either stir well to combine, or close the jar and shake it up. Adjust ingredients to taste. Add to salads with chopped chicken, turkey, or grilled steak and honey goat cheese or feta cheese.
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil, xvoo, Coconut oil, or Roasted Hazelnut Oil
- 2-3 tsp. rice vinegar, or white balsamic vinegar
- 1+ tsp. Coconut Aminos
- 1-2 tsp. honey or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 thinly sliced scallion
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, or a tad of sweet chili sauce, optional
Combine ingredients in a bowl or shake in a jar. Toss with salad. Good with a salad with grilled chicken breast, celery, scallion, and mandarin oranges or pineapple.