Tune-In With Meditation and Mindfulness
Meditation and mindfulness are among the most important activities you can do to liberate yourself from the many impediments of the mind.
These impediments lead to stress and dissatisfaction.
Stress, along with diet, are the main sources of dis-ease, unhappiness and a lack of personal freedom and inner peace.
Our stressful states impact those around us.
In fact if we want to experience greater peace in the world around us, we need to begin by learning how to effectively process our emotions, and better manage stress in our own lives.
Meditation and mindfulness are the keys to discovering who you really are, your true desires, and freedom from the reactionary 'parts' of your mind that cause much distress and dissatisfaction.
It can help you better navigate the challenges that arise as a natural part of life, with less impact to your health and emotional stability.
Meditation and mindfulness helps us connect with the inner witness. When we connect with this inner witness, we realize that we are both the doer of our lives, and the one observing what is being done.
In other words, there is another aspect to who we are beyond just what we 'think.' This divine aspect is part of our greater resources, which transcends the dualistic and materialistic aspects of reality. Although 'unseen' it is no less 'real' and in fact it is more real than we realize.
We are continually at the whims of our monkey mind ~ that incessant inner chatter that always worries, doubts, and badgers us on a daily basis ~ until we recognize that this is just what these parts do.
Meditation and mindfulness helps us to connect with our greater resources. We can learn to simply witness the mental fluctuations, and arising emotional reactions, without reacting in regretful ways. It helps us feel empowered, rather than a slave to, or over- identified with one of our many 'parts.'
With practice, we become more Self-confident, and emotionally free.
Science has finally proven what our ancient ~ and very spiritually-oriented European ancestors like the ancient Celts and Greeks ~ Buddhist monks, and the ancient sages of the yogic tradition have always known - meditation and mindfulness are a highly beneficial practice that can aid us in experiencing greater personal freedom, inner peace, and lasting happiness and health.
Our European ancestors worshipped Nature, and found peace and solace in communing on a regular basis.
Meditation does not have to look a certain way to be effective. Quieting the mind on a regular basis, grounding, and connecting to Nature can all have a similar impact, and subtle yet powerful healing benefits ~ above and beyond just sitting on a cushion.
According to Anmol Mehta in his Mastery of Meditation, Yoga and Zen program, here are some of the top benefits you will reap from cultivating a regular meditation practice:
- Enlightenment ~ the realization of who you really are as a divine being, beyond the dual nature of reality and materialism
- Greater peace and tranquility
- Opens channels of communication with all levels of being, allowing for access to guidance from your Higher/Divine Self; increased intuition and wisdom
- Less identification and attachment to false egos and false identities, allowing for an Increased joy as more of your true Self shines through
- Improved relationships with a more natural sense of love and compassion bubbling up spontaneously from within
- Decreased stress; better health
- Improved brain functioning
- Discovery of your true desires, gifts and talents
Additionally, scientific studies have found that regular daily meditation can help with:
- Lowering high blood pressure
- Improved immune functioning
- Easier ability to lose and sustain weight loss
- Improved moods, less depressed states
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Increased awareness and greater sense of calm
- Improved ability to deal with stressful situations
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Better sleep
- Greater focus
It goes without saying, that meditation and mindfulness can be empowering tools to better trust ourselves, make more aligned and personally nurturing and enriching choices, and live a more fruitful life!
>Return to Home Page > Meditation & Mindfulness
>Physical Health >Top Tips for Healthy Living
>Connect with Nature >Get Grounded for Better Health!