Meat And Fruit Centered Meal Inspiration
Here are examples of meat and fruit centered meals Don and I have enjoyed, included here for inspiration, and to show how simple our High Vitality Diet can be. You can also read our outlines of foods to enjoy and foods to avoid to learn more.
Or pick up a copy of Meats & Sweets on Kindle or in paperback or as an instant download e-book.
Barbecue Chicken, Carrot Raisin Salad, Baked Squash, Sautéed Pepper & Onion ( Meat, fruit, and more fruit!)
A Summary of Our Meat And Fruit Centered ~ (or Meats & Sweets) High Vitality Diet
Meats & Sweets ~ A High Vitality Diet prioritizes foods into three tiers. Our next edition expands those tiers of foods, and will include the following:
- Lean red meats
- Fish with fins & scales: salmon, flounder, cod, perch, walleye++
- Dairy foods: milk, cheese, yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese
- Soft lettuces, fresh herbs
- Other vegetables
- Tubers, sweet potatoes
- Whole grains ~ as desired & tolerated, preferably sprouted
- Spices, condiments, beverages
The Sweets (Fruits+):
- Seasonal fruits: sweet fruits, berries, pitted fruit, grapes, citrus, tree fruits, dried fruits, melon++
- Fruit juices: OJ, Concord grape, apple cider, carrot juice+
- Seasonal botanical fruits (often called vegetables): cucumber, tomato, peppers, summer squashes, avocado, olives, winter squashes (considered berries)
- Honey, tree saps
- Sprouted and fermented grain breads (Manna Organics Sprouted Breads & Bavarian Rye Sourdough are our FAVES!!)
Spring-Summer Meat And Fruit Meals
|Fruit Salad w/ Papaya, Grapes, Yogurt & Honey (I can't get enough juicy fruits in the summer!)
Chicken Stir Fry with Celery & Baby Bok Choy ~ celery helps drain excess damp, bok choy is high in potassium, crunchy & juicier than dark leafy greens
|A Salad w/ Boiled Eggs which I had for lunch after having my 'dinner' (burger plate below) for breakfast
Boiled Eggs, Grapes & Mango
Fall-Winter Meat and Fruit Meals
|Fried Eggs, Sprouted Cinnamon Raisin Bread Topped w/ Baked Apple, Raisins & Dates + Cottage Cheese & a drizzle of honey
A burger, sprouted bread w/ baby Swiss broiled on top, apple & orange ~ a meat & fruit breakfast for us, but suitable any time of day
Kefir milk (I sometimes stir in 1/2-1 scoop of whey protein powder), fried eggs, banana, 5 dried plums
|Turkey Chili, Kabocha Squash, Pressed Radish Greens Salad (Meat & Fruit!)
Roast Turkey Breast, Cranberry Apple Sauce, Winter Squash (a berry), celery & tomato (a fruit)
Pan-Fried Cod w/ Sautéed Pepper, Onion & Tomato; Sweet Potato & Squash (used up what was made previously)
We grill a lot in the summer. Who doesn't? Marinated and grilled or barbecue chicken, burgers, steaks ~ the usual suspects.
We also make bone broths from the carcasses of chicken or turkey then add some vegetables and previously roasted chicken or turkey for soup that hits the spot during cooler weather, or whenever the desire strikes.
Slow roasted beef roasts (Or Awesome Pot Roast), Beef/Turkey-Beef Meatloaf and roasted whole chicken, bone-in chicken breasts or whole turkey breasts are also among our favorite meals to "cook once, eat at least twice!"
(Watch video recipes for a super AWESOME Pot Roast, and the Pan-Fried Cod, below. Turkey Meatloaf Recipe, here.)