Foods to Enjoy - Meats and Sweets ~ A High VitalityDiet
This article outlines foods to enjoy in Meats & Sweets ~ A High Vitality Diet, inspired in part by the research on fructose, and many other aspects of human health by biologist, Ray Peat.
Meats ~ including a variety of animal flesh foods, eggs, milk and other dairy products ~ and sweets, which primarily features fresh and dried fruits, fruits that many consider vegetables, juice, honey, tree saps, and our awesome Jello Recipes.
It is an ideal mix of nutrients and flavors geared towards optimizing energy, metabolism, nerve functioning, hormone balance, and the health of the thyroid, gut, and more.
Meats & Sweets ~ A High Vitality Diet, is NOW available on Kindle.
Below is list of the primary Meats & Sweets foods to enjoy. Choose those foods which will be most suitable, enjoyable, and available, according to your location and needs.
Meats & Sweets ~ A High Vitality Diet
Staple Foods to Enjoy
The staple foods to enjoy following our Meats & Sweets (Meat & Fruit-Focused) diet consists primarily of:
- Meats ~ a variety of primarily leaner animal proteins as per cravings, budget and availability, with fattier cuts consumed more in the colder seasons; and more gelatinous-rich cuts for stews or bone broths (tails, toes, feet, etc.)
- Fresh and salt water fish that have fins and scales, such as salmon (wild, keta, pink, canned, etc.), perch, pollack, cod, halibut, flounder, tuna, etc.
- Milk, yogurt, cheese, & cottage cheese (cow, sheep, goat, etc.)
- Fresh & dried fruits & Fruit Salads
- Fruits many consider vegetables includes tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, summer and winter squashes (zucchini, pattypan, yellow squash, and the 'hard' squashes like acorn, butternut, buttercup, kabocha (our favorite), delicata, and spaghetti
- Orange juice, Concord grape juice+
- Carrot salads (excellent for removing toxins and excess estrogen/fat)
These foods are consumed in smaller quantities:
- Sprouted grain breads. Naturally fermented breads made with a culture starter like a true sourdough, especially sour rye bread which has a lower glycemic index than whole wheat. (Sprouted grain breads are a new addition to our tiers of food, to be found in our second edition of the book, available by early 2021.)
- Honey - especially darker varietals, like buckwheat honey, tree saps like real maple syrup
- Collagen-rich, gelatinous foods ~ whether direct supplementation of gelatin, bone broths, or Jello Recipes
- Vegetables, including starchy vegetables like potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Fresh & dried herbs
- Naturally brined cabbage &/or beets (optional)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (XVOO), butter and/or coconut oil for cooking ~ avocado oil or occasional high saturated fat nut oils (pecan, macadamia, hazelnut) can be enjoyed for added options/flavor for salads
- Coffee, tea, water, juices, fruit flavored mineral water, ketone drinks, wine
Meats & Sweets, A High Vitality Diet ~ the first edition ~ is prioritized according to three tiers. Essentially, the foods to enjoy listed here are Tier 1 foods, and the foods to avoid or greatly minimized are Tier 3 foods.
Read more here, or buy your copy on Kindle (only $5.50!)
Look for our follow up book, A High Vitality Diet of Meat & Fruit available by early 2021 with expanded information, tiers of foods, extended overnight fasting, biblical references and more!
Be sure to sign up for my mailing list to be alerted as to when it's available!
Best Foods to Enjoy to Optimize Energy & Metabolism
"If you take orange juice with some fat it would be more stabilizing to your blood sugar than grits and potatoes. Starches increase the stress hormones, interfering with progesterone and thyroid." ~ Dr. Ray Peat
Of all the foods to enjoy following our Meats & Sweets approach, a few stand out.
- Carrot Salads
- Orange Juice or Concord Grape Juice (Studies show increase memory, cognitive function, antioxidant status, immune system function, anti-inflammatory, and reduced blood lipids and blood pressure when adding regular consumption of these juices to the daily diet.
- Jello - Many benefits to regular consumption of gelatin ~ resources below
- Dairy Products - Calcium is essential, and far better to obtain from food!
As mentioned, according to Ray Peat, fructose form of sugar is ideal. Most Americans get way to much glucose sugars from refined grains, breads, potatoes, and other starchy foods. It's all about the entire context of your diet.
Eating a refreshing and invigorating carrot salad first thing in the morning or as an afternoon pick-me-up will help you remove bacterial endotoxins from the gut. Carrots are very balancing to the blood sugar, contrary to the fear being passed around in some of the low-carb, keto, and carnivore diet circles that carrots are high in sugar. Read more about carrots in Meats & Sweets!
Orange juice is also beneficial at helping clear out those endotoxins. A lot of research indicates that doing so can improve many health symptoms.
Jello is a great source of gelatin, which consists of collagen, an important set of proteins for our joints, skin, hair, and nails.
Eggs are another food to enjoy, as they are an excellent source of choline, and other essential nutrients that can optimize your health for those that tolerate them.
Fruits, including winter squashes, and honey satisfies sweets cravings ~ another common complaint among those on low-carbohydrate diets. We have sweet taste receptors on our tongue, indicating that we have evolved eating sweet tasting foods. It may be that many people who feel weak-willed are just craving a substance that their body needs to best function.
For those interested, Pruvit ketones are included on the foods to enjoy list, which I use in my jello recipes
Can you say heaven in a mug? Vanilla Ski & Keto Carmel Broth 'Lattes' ~ made by just adding boiling water & a little heavy cream or warmed milk
Eggnog w/ Pruvit Sweet Kreme ~ a perfectly sweetened blend of eggs, milk, and gelatin
Research indicates that ketones can help:
- Repair damaged DNA
- Lengthen the telomeres on the end of DNA, which can help lengthen life
- Improve muscle recovery
- Help reduce inflammation
- Improve moods, mental energy, and memory
- Boost the GABA production which can also aid deeper sleep
While exogenous ketones are not for everybody, I do consider them a good potential complement to our meats and sweets diet. I mostly enjoy using them in my Jello Recipes!
Smart ship is the way to go, saving 22% plus you get a free box of something every 4th month.
|Orange Mango Coconut Jello
|Strawberry Apple Splash Jello
Want to learn more about the benefits of ketones?
Contact Me to learn more, or visit tracyminton.pruvitnow.com.
Meats & Sweets ~ A High Vitality Diet is a super simple, flexible, enjoyable, sustainable, and nutrient-dense way of eating.
Each person will need to determine their optimal lower and upper limits of each of the macronutrients, which can fluctuate over time, something we help clients achieve during one on one Health Coaching.
>Return to Home Page
>Meats and Sweets ~ A High Vitality Diet
>List of Foods to Enjoy >Foods to Avoid
>Jello Recipes >Carrot Salads >Fruit Salad Recipes >Recipe Index