Foods to Enjoy - Meats and Sweets ~ A High VitalityDiet
This article outlines foods to enjoy in Meats & Sweets ~ A High Vitality Diet, inspired in part by the research on fructose, and many other aspects of human health by biologist, Ray Peat.
Meats ~ including a variety of animal flesh foods, eggs, and milk and other dairy products ~ and sweets, which primarily features fresh and dried fruits, juice, honey, tree saps, and our awesome Jello Recipes. It is an ideal mix of nutrients and flavors geared towards optimizing energy, metabolism, nerve functioning, hormone balance, and the health of the thyroid, gut, and more.
Meats & Sweets ~ A High Vitality Diet, is NOW available on Kindle.
Below is list of the primary Meats & Sweets foods to enjoy. Choose those foods which will be most suitable, enjoyable, and available, according to your location and needs.
|Lamb Shank Slow Cooked w/ Tomato and a few Dried Plums + Sweet Potato for sweetness
|Milk + Fruit + Honey ~ Staples on our Meats & Sweets Approach
Meats & Sweets ~ A High Vitality Diet
Staple Foods to Enjoy
The staple foods to enjoy following our meats and sweets diet consists primarily of:
- Milk, yogurt, cheese, & cottage cheese (cow, sheep, goat, etc.)
- Orange juice, Concord grape juice+
- Fresh & dried fruits & Fruit Salads
- Carrot salads (excellent for removing toxins and excess estrogen/fat)
- Honey - especially darker varietals, and tree saps like real maple syrup
- Meats ~ a variety of primarily leaner animal proteins as per cravings, budget and availability, with fattier cuts consumed more in the colder seasons; and more gelatinous-rich cuts for stews or bone broths (tails, toes, feet, etc.)
- Mild white fish, shellfish, canned oysters, or other canned smaller fish like mackerel or sardines packed in water, tomato sauces, or XVOO, NOT PUFA oils, which are one of the most important foods to avoid.
- Liver (2 oz. 2-3 x per week) or other organ meats,
- Sausages or Head Cheese ~ traditionally made foods which contains offal or organ parts
- Collagen-rich, gelatinous foods ~ whether direct supplementation of gelatin, bone broths, or Jello Recipes
- Smaller amounts of seasonal vegetables, especially those which are technically botanical fruits, such as cucumbers, local tomatoes, summer squash, and possibly naturally brined cabbage &/or beets, or other well cooked vegetables
- Winter squash (a fruit) is the best 'starch' choice
- Best fats include coconut flesh + oil, butter or ghee, saturated fat from animals, or small amounts of fruit oils (xvoo, avocado oil), or occasional high saturated fat nut oils (pecan, macadamia, hazelnut)
- Coffee, tea, water, juices, fruit flavored mineral water, ketone drinks
Meats & Sweets is prioritized according to three tiers. Essentially, the foods to enjoy listed here are Tier 1 foods, and the foods to avoid or greatly minimized are Tier 3 foods. Read more here, or buy your copy on Kindle (only $5.50!)
Best Foods to Enjoy to Optimize Energy & Metabolism
"If you take orange juice with some fat it would be more stabilizing to your blood sugar than grits and potatoes. Starches increase the stress hormones, interfering with progesterone and thyroid." ~ Dr. Ray Peat
Of all the foods to enjoy following our Meats & Sweets approach, a few stand out.
- Carrot Salads
- Orange Juice or Concord Grape Juice (Studies show increase memory, cognitive function, antioxidant status, immune system function, anti-inflammatory, and reduced blood lipids and blood pressure when adding regular consumption of these juices to the daily diet. Look for more about this here, or on Don's website at www.donmatesz.com)
- Jello - Many benefits to regular consumption of gelatin ~ resources below
- Dairy Products
Eating a refreshing and invigorating carrot salad first thing in the morning or as an afternoon pick-me-up will help you remove bacterial endotoxins from the gut. Carrots are very balancing to the blood sugar, contrary to the fear being passed around in some of the low-carb, keto, and carnivore diet circles that carrots are high in sugar. Read more about carrots in Meats & Sweets!
As mentioned, according to Ray Peat, fructose form of sugar is ideal. Most Americans get way to much glucose sugars from whole grains, refined grains, breads, potatoes, and other starchy foods.
Orange juice is also best at helping clear out those endotoxins. A lot of research indicates that doing so can improve many health symptoms.
Jello is a great source of gelatin, another food to enjoy liberally! Bone broths made with joints, feet, and toes or other gelatinous parts of the animal can be consumed in addition to or in lieu of jello, or taking gelatin as a supplement mixed in drinks.
Eggs are another food to enjoy, as they are an excellent source of choline, and other essential nutrients that can optimize your health for those that tolerate them.
Pruvit Exogenous Ketones - Heaven! For those interested, Pruvit ketones are included on the foods to enjoy list, which I use in my jello and eggnog recipes
Can you say heaven in a mug? Vanilla Ski & Keto Carmel Broth 'Lattes' ~ made by just adding boiling water & a little heavy cream or warmed milk
Eggnog w/ Pruvit Sweet Kreme ~ a perfectly sweetened blend of eggs, milk, and gelatin
In late 2018, I was turned on to Pruvit Exogenous Ketones which provided an even greater, yet unexpected boost to my moods, focus, clarity, and ability to go longer between meals. I am far more productive and motivated running on ketones!
The various fun-flavored exogenous ketones, Keto Sweet Kreme, and Keto Salted Caramel Broth now helps me to fill in the gaps. I carry a packet and a shaker container whenever I am away for long hours, or traveling. I take 1/2 to 1 packet as needed, just adding cold or hot water, juice, or to mix with warmed milk or coffee.
Much research indicates that ketones can help:
- Repair damaged DNA
- Lengthen the telomeres on the end of DNA, which can help lengthen life
- Improve muscle recovery
- Help reduce inflammation
- Improve moods, mental energy, and memory
- Boost the GABA production which can also aid deeper sleep
While exogenous ketones are not for everybody, I do consider them a good potential complement to our meats and sweets diet, and have included them in our list of foods to enjoy. And they are sooo good in the Jello Recipes! I
Smart ship is the way to go, saving 22% plus you get a free box of something every 4th month.
I am especially enjoying adding the many fruity flavored ketones to my jello recipes!
I am offering to send FREE ketones to the first 5 people ~ more as supplies last ~ who put up reviews of Meats & Sweets on Amazon! I'm even shipping for free if in the U.S. Read the orange boxes on our Meats & Sweets page.
Want to learn more about the benefits of ketones?
Order an Experience pack and give it a try! Contact Me to learn more, or visit tracyminton.pruvitnow.com.
Fruits and honey satisfies sweets cravings ~ another common complaint among those on low-carbohydrate diets. We have sweet taste receptors on our tongue, indicating that we have evolved eating sweet tasting foods. It may be that many people who feel weak-willed are just craving a substance that their body needs to best function.
According to this article by Ray Peat, fructose could be precisely what is deficient in most people's diets, and recommends consuming roughly the equivalent of 2 quarts of milk, and 1 quart of orange juice daily to get the amount of fructose required to help mitigate stress, and fuel the brain and nervous system, among other benefits best supplied by fructose!
Meats & Sweets ~ A High Vitality Diet is a super simple, flexible, enjoyable, sustainable, and nutrient-dense way of eating.
Each person will need to determine their optimal lower and upper limits of each of the macronutrients, which can fluctuate over time, something we help clients achieve during one on one Health Coaching.
>Return to Home Page
>Meats and Sweets ~ A High Vitality Diet
>List of Foods to Enjoy >Foods to Avoid
>Jello Recipes >Carrot Salads >Fruit Salad Recipes >Recipe Index